sábado, 12 de janeiro de 2008

New Year's resolution for 2008


Happy New Year Everyone!!!


Goodness! I can't believe it's 2008 already!

And as a friend of mine would say: "Whaaaat? New Year's resolution? I will Keep the last one, It better work out this year though!" lol. Ohk Ok…jokes a side what's your New Year's resolution for 2008? And how did your 2007 resolution work out?


Well, I gotta be totally honest with you guys, the past few years I’ve had terrible New Year's Eve Celebrations, with last year being the very worst one…let me tell you why.


New Year’s Eve 20052006 was in Bolingbrook- IL, at my friend’s Gaelle’s house. Please, don’t get me wrong, the part I remember of the party was great! We decided to do a Holywood celebration to party like rock stars and we did! Then I had some drinks and by 2 am I was sleeping at the living room flor. There were friends and people that I don’t even know all over the house singing (I guess I should say yelling) “who let the dogs out”. Great huh?


Pictures of New Years Eve 05 06!





New Year’s Eve 20062007 was awful! I was driving alone in the car. No family around, no friends, they all had been gone. It was the worst time ever in a relationship I had back then. There was no “party like a rock star” with Gaelle, Steph and Beta - the best friends I could ever ask for in the States. It was just me, nobody else, just me and the memories of my brother (that passed away in 1999), of my family back here in Brazil all together celebrating another year, just memories…that was all I had.


Pictures of New Years Eve 06 07!

chicago-river.view.jpg

So this year, I decided to make things differently. My goal was to make my New Year's Celebration as drama free as possible. And guess what everybody? It was a success! I had the best scenario ever! My country Brasil! My city Recife, the beach! The best company ever! My family and friends. We had the best food…I prepared most of it myself and heard a lot of compiments! We heard brazilian music all night long, portuguese, people laughing celebrating a new year. I had lots of hugs, friendly people everywhere, colors, lights, drinks (but not much this time!)…it was amazing!!! Welcome 2008!

Pictures of New Years Eve 07 08!






Some of you are probably living in the 08 already, but for me, the year just started! So I made myself a list of New Years Resolutions that I probably won't follow because seriously, I realize that, unfortunately my friends, I am not a person with serious will power when it comes to New Years Resolution. So here you go my brand new list of New Year's Resolution (that I probably will Not Follow):

♥ Clean my room...I should say Keep it clean: I am a clean person...I hate mess! I actually clean my bedroom every single day...but with no job now is kinda hard...I have nothing to do but hide myself of the world in my little tiny room. I am so ashemed, 29 years old, living with my parents again...that sux! Trust me, they are not that bad, I looove them to death! But I want my Miss Independent life back sooooo bad! recently my room has become basically a cubicle to store my piles and piles of magazines, jewelry supplies, and my bundles of shopping bags. When I go pee at night, I have to be very careful that I don't trip over my shoes. But I've got the eyes of an owl and the skill of a ninja, so it's all good lol

♥ Get Fat and then Lose Weight: For many of us, the top New Year's resolution is to lose weight, but I've got a better idea for myself. I'm gonna gain a whole bunch of weight by not exercising and eating fast food and then I'm going to lose the weight by exercising and eating healthy so that I go back to my original weight. But then see, here's the clever part, everyone will think I've lost a lot of weight and stop hassling me about getting skinnier. I wonder if this will fool my mirror.

♥ Find Myself a "True Burning Love" (again): When your grandma and relatives start asking you if you have found any good boyfriends yet with potential, it just makes life so awkward. Their worrying about me becoming an old alone lady which makes me worried of me becoming a alone old lady. Furthermore, today my mom asked me if I'm going to get a boyfriend because and I quote, "I'm worried that you're a lesbian". Oh. My God Mom! Then daddy was like, "Mama, you have to be more open these days". Oh. Daddy, for Goodness Sake! They were both joking of course because I've been telling them lately I'm never getting married. This conversation just made me laugh but deep down, it was a very awkward laugh...a sad laugh...(single with a broken heart...story of my life)

♥ Reduce my shopping and spending habits: If I ever want to be able to actually buy things when I study abroad in USA again, that's if I get accepted first of course, then I have to start saving money to buy dollars. Curse you dollars! The good thing is that the dollars are so weak right now. But boy oh boy I do deserve to buy me some junk when and if I get back there!

♥ Focus on MY future: Now that I've finally conceptualized the "bigger picture" I can actually focus on MY plans for the future. Not me and someone else...just me, myself and I! I did hit rock bottom with my issues this last year. God! I had so much going on in 2007. Well, I am sure God gave me a reason to be back in Brazil and I will focus on that. I will focus on my mom's health...on my dad…my family…I will focus on me. I will take my eyes off the others things and people in my life and find comfort in being myself. Right now it seems I need to sort out my own feelings about what Faby wants, not what Faby and a partner wants. I need to be happy alone before I can truly give love to someone else. Right now, I will just love me and my parents. I will make them the most important people in my life. As hard as my life is right now, I will learn to be me, only me, an uncompromised me. I won't bend to what others want me to be. How people want me to act. I know what is right and as hard as it will be to let go of him now I need to do it.

♥ Make New Friends: Being unemployd is certainly no fun. Anyone want to be a unemploied with me! I'm now accepting applications.

♥ Floss: I need to floss. I need to have my teeth still intact by the time I'm 30. I need to pass my next oral hygiene exam because my cousin Simone is my new hygienist now! My teeth have got to impress or I'm screwed with my whole intire family!lol

♥ Learn English and Better Grammar: I still need to improve my English. The only thing I speak right is portuguese...and I gotta say that I am not doing that good on it either!

♥ Get Meaner: There was an old lady rude to a friend of mine when we went to the grocery earlier this year. I just watched it happen, but next time it happens she'll be sorry that she ever tried messing with my friend because I'm going to lay the smack down on her.

♥ Stop snoring: According to the testimony of a dear friend (no details needed) I, apparently, snore! Thats freaked my friend out, and freaked me out as well, of course! I do not want to be a freak for the rest of my life. Being a freak for 29 years is already bad enough.

♥ Enjoy the finer things in life: I should extend the philosophies of The Finer Things in Life club to all aspects of my life.

♥ Learn to wake up on time when is time to wake up: This seems pretty obvious enough without a deeper explanation...but I will explain even though...I usually set up my alarm o'clock to 5 am so it rings about 6 times before I finally get the courage to get up (Oops!I just realize the snooze botom is my problem).

♥ Write a New Years Resolution for 2009 that is actually worthwhile to accomplish: Again, self explanatory.

No jokes now...I do have many many many New Year's Resolutions and goals for 2008, but one thing that really sticks out in my mind is to Be Happy No Matter What!!!




Nenhum comentário: